Hi guys! Finally back from RA Training! I had the best time. My staff is amazing. I really couldn’t ask for anything more. It was so hard saying goodbye to my RA family but I am so excited for Italy!! Only 4 more days!
Now onto the Liebster award nominations! Thank you to All eyes on fashion, Stilestilo, and The Woman in the Dress for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I’m very excited because I’m new to blogging so I wasn’t expecting anything like this 🙂
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word “Liebster” is German for favorite, beloved, or dearest.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are the questions that All Eyes on Fashion asked me:
1. Who knows you the best?
Undoubtedly, the person who knows me the best is my twin sister, Kristen. You’d be hard pressed to find something she doesn’t know about me!
2. What’s your dream location spot?
I’m assuming this means the location I would want to end up in (live in). In that case, definitely New York City. There’s no place I would rather call home!
3. What are the 5 things you must bring on a vacation?
1. Sunscreen – I have had a bad habit lately of abandoning sunscreen in order to try and tan (I have a very hard time, even though I’m Brazilian) but it’s just not good for your skin! I always bring sunscreen with me wherever I go.
2. Red Lipstick – I will usually only choose to wear it when I’m going out somewhere fancy but I still need to bring it with me. Ever since I was a little girl I have been obsessed with red lips!
3. A Maxi Dress – This is such an easy thing to throw on if you’re running out of time to get ready or you forgot to shave your legs 🙂 They’re also very easy to accessorize!
4. Every Pair of Sunglasses I Own – I love sunglasses. They are probably my biggest style obsession! I just bought a new pair of aviators yesterday 🙂 I honestly feel that you can never have too many. I always bring an absurd amount of sunglasses just so I have a lot to choose from!
5. Arcona Eye Dew – I saw this on Barefoot Blonde and decided to try it for myself. It works wonders! I use it every day before I put on makeup and every night before I go to bed. Definitely recommend this product!
4. Do you like ombre hair and would you consider trying it?
I love the look of ombre hair but I would never try it. Unless I start going gray I never plan on coloring my hair!
5. How do you like new trend on nails – art or not?
I love nail art. There is definitely an understated elegance to basic nails but nail art really catches my eye. Whenever I have nail art on my nails I can’t stop looking at them!
6. Whos’ the style icon for you?
I am inspired by a bunch of different people. I really don’t look for one style icon in particular. I once took a style icon quiz and it told me my style icon was Jennifer Aniston because “Just like America’s sweetheart, your style is timeless, elegant and sophisticated. You know what hairstyles, clothes and makeup look best on you and know how to effortlessly work in a few trendy pieces” so I guess that works. I also love Heidi Klum and Blake Lively’s style.
7. What is the best outfit for a first date?
Skinny jeans (preferably ones with zippers at the ankles) with pumps and a top that brings out your eyes. I, personally, like green because my eyes are hazel.
8. What was the reason you started a blog?
I started a blog because one of my co-workers heard that I was going abroad and said it would be a great idea to start a travel blog. I wanted to talk about more than just travel so here I am!
9. What book would be your best summer read?
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte or The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory.
10. What is the best advice someone gave you?
My mom always told me to just to be myself and not let anyone or anything take that away from me. I never let go of that advice.
Here are the questions that The Woman in the Dress asked me:
1. What are the 5 words that best describe you?
Positive, energetic, compassionate, adventurous, and loving
2. How would you define your style?
I wouldn’t. I am a very indecisive person and I am influenced by so many different kinds of fashion. I could be boho-chic one day and classic Audrey Hepburn the next 😛
3. What is your favorite item in your closet and why?
My thigh-high, zippered, chesnut, GoJane.com boots. I wear them with cream colored leg warmers every chance I get during the fall and winter!
4. What is your favorite thing to do in your downtime?
I love to watch old reruns of Will and Grace, HIMYM, Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends, and Seinfeld with my twin sister.
5. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Brazil because that’s where my mom was born.
6. Hot or cold?
7. Do you shop online? If you do, what are 3 of your favorite online stores?
YES! 3 of my favorite stores are Asos, Forever21, and Nasty Gal.
8. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Oh god I have too many. Not having chapstick with me, umbrellas being opened indoors, slow-walkers, not walking on the right side of people, etc.
9. Have any guilty pleasures? Share at least one.
“We Can’t Stop” by Miley Cyrus and watching Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl
10. Why did you start your blog?
Study Abroad (more detailed answer in first set of questions.)
Here are the questions that Stilestilo asked me:
1. What is your favorite designer?
It’s a tie between Burberry and Alice and Olivia
2. Why is he/she your favorite designer?
I love Burberry’s trench coats (who doesn’t?!) and Alice and Olivia has such a classic chic look to it!
3. If you could choose any city to live in, which one would it be?
Definitely New York City!
4. What language would you like to speak?
Portuguese because my mother is fluent.
5. Who is the most important person in your life?
Hands down, my twin sister, Kristen.
6. Why did you start blogging?
7. Would you rather wear heels or flats?
As much as I love heels I would have to say flats. When I wear heels I usually end up barefoot by the end of the day 🙂
8. What sport do you like the most?
I like to play softball but I like watching football.
9. What do you think about the new issue on the latest Vogue: About cat eye sunglasses?
This is actually the only trend I have ever been ahead of. I saw a pair of cat eye sunglasses at Aldo AGES ago and I just fell in love with them! I bought it in both colors they had (black and tortoise). I’m obsessed with them.
10. What do you think about my blog?
I think it’s really cute! I would love it if you could find someone to take your photographs and edit them to look a bit more professional because the outfits are adorable!
And here who I nominate:
1. The Charm of Life
2. The Woman in the Dress
3. Veloria in Velvet
4. Total Stephanie Move
5. ALL EYES ON FASHION
6. My Crazy New york Post-Grad Life
7. The fashion glitter
9. Fashion is just a Trend
10. Blog by the M
Here are the Questions for you guys:
1. What are your career aspirations?
2. Who is your biggest style icon?
3. What is your favorite season and why?
4. What is your favorite book to read (not series, book!)?
5. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
6. Why did you decide to start your blog?
7. What is your favorite wardrobe staple item?
8. What is your favorite place in the world?
9. What are your makeup must-haves?
10. What do you think about my blog?
I had a lot of fun answering all of your questions! I hope you guys have fun too! Looking forward on reading your answers!! ❤